When I was a child, I was a picky eater. There were so many things I didn’t like, especially plant based foods and now I’m vegan. Funny, right? So if somebody tells me that he/she couldn’t be vegan, I tell him/her that if I could go vegan, he/she can as well!
Peas were one of those foods I didn’t enjoy and now I love them so much. I haven’t tried pea puree until I was in London last month and I’m obsessed with it. I’ve developed my own recipe and is so simple and tastes so good… You guys need to give it a try!
As it’s quite thick, you can also eat it as a dip, especially if you add less water. If you love soups, add more water or even some vegetable broth to get a lighter consistency, but in that case, add the water or broth hot.
- I’ve never made this recipe using fresh peas, but I think it should work.
- Add any healthy fat instead of the avocado.
- Feel free to add your favorite herbs and spices.
- 2 cups frozen peas (280 g)
- ¼ cup water at room temperature (65 ml)
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- The juice of half a lemon
- Cook the peas according to package directions.
- Drain the peas and place them in a blender or food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.