It’s been a year since we moved to Cologne for 3 months, time flies! We were so happy there and also travelled a lot, it was one of the best experiences of our lives. Unfortunately, we haven’t travelled so much since we came back to Spain because we’re workaholics (well, kind of), but this is going to change, we love our job so much, but it’s important to rest, disconnect and do what we love the most: visiting new countries. We’re going to London this month and we’re so excited. If you have been there and know some cool places to go (restaurants, stores, museums, whatever!), please leave a comment.
It’s almost spring and I’m soooo happy. Trees will flourish soon and we have sunny and warm days here already, I miss those days so much! I know is not spring yet, but I want to share with you this pasta primavera (spring pasta), it’s so tasty and perfect for this time of the year.
You don’t have to use the same veggies than I used because this recipe always works. It’s usually made with spring produce, but you can make it any time using what’s in season.
The cheese you can see in the pictures is plant based, don’t be afraid, I’m still a vegan! It’s pretty good, although I prefer my vegan Parmesan cheese because tastes better and is much healthier. Hope you enjoy the pasta guys!
- Use any type of oil, flour or veggies you want.
- Feel free to use some water or any other liquid instead of the oil to make an oil-free recipe.
This pasta primavera recipe is perfect for spring, although you can make it any time of the year using what’s in season.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-4
- 7 oz pasta of your choice (200 g)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/4 chopped zucchini
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped asparagus (140 g)
- 1 cup frozen peas (120 g)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp flour, we used brown rice flour
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth (250 ml)
- The juice of half a lemon
- A handful of fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the veggies, except the frozen peas.
- Cook over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Add the frozen peas, salt, pepper and flour and cook for about one minute.
- Add the water or vegetable broth, stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta (drained), the lemon juice and the basil, stir and serve.
- You can add some vegan Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 533.9 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.6 g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 10.9 g