We know you guys love spreads, they’re very popular here in the blog, so here we are with another super simple vegan spread recipe, woohoo! ?
Spreads are ready in less than 5 minutes, you just need to mix all the ingredients using a food processor or a blender and they’re perfect to make sandwiches or as salad dressings. I love to use raw veggies instead of bread to spread this beauty, zucchini is my favorite one and it’s a healthy and easy snack to eat on the go.
We’ve made many spread recipes before using extra virgin olive oil and nuts, but this one is lower in fat and tastes great!
Use non-GMO soy products and try to choose those that are fermented because they’re much healthier. Also avoid processed foods that are made with soy, they’re not good for your health! We only eat soy once or twice a week, but if you don’t, feel free to use any nut instead of the tofu, although your spread will be higher in fat.
PRODUCT I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (AFFILIATE LINK):
Low Fat Vegan Spread
Spreads are ready in less than 5 minutes, you just need to blend all the ingredients and they’re perfect to make sandwiches or as salad dressings.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 pound firm tofu (225 g)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini (optional)
- Wash the carrot, chop it and place it in a food processor or a blender and blend for a few seconds. If the carrot is not organic, you should peel it.
- Add the tofu and blend again until you’ve got a creamy texture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend one more time. If the spread is too thick, add some water.
- Keep it in the fridge in a sealed container.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!