Desserts and chocolate don’t have to be unhealthy and we can enjoy them if they’re made with non refined, natural ingredients. As you know, we’re following a high carb, low fat, vegan diet and we still eat our favorite foods, we just make a healthier version using low fat ingredients or healthy fats.
This is the third chocolate pudding we’ve posted on the blog. The first one was made with avocado and banana and to make the second one we used chia seeds. Today we want to show you how to make a high carb, low fat, vegan chocolate pudding using sweet potatoes. It has an amazing texture and is sooo good! In addition, it’s cholesterol-free and much healthier than other recipes.
I’m in love with sweet potatoes, especially to make sweet recipes. If you like them, you should definitely try our 5-ingredient sweet potato brownies! They’re also low in fat, delicious and so satisfying.
To make this pudding you just need to steam the sweet potatoes and blend them with the rest of the ingredients, so easy! You can also boil them (although you’ll lose some nutrients in the boiling water) or bake them (the pudding will have a more intense flavor, but I prefer to steam the sweet potatoes because is so convenient).
Hope you try this pudding guys! ?
- Sweet potatoes are sweet, but we prefer to add some sweetener as well. This is totally up to you.
- You don’t have to use the same sweeteners as we did, you can use only one, two, you choose! If you use another sweetener, just add it gently until the pudding is sweet enough for you.
- Raw cacao and carob powder also work, but probably you’ll need to add more or less sweetener.
- We use oat milk (you can find the recipe in our free cookbook), but feel free to use any other plant milk or even water.
PRODUCT WE USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (AFFILIATE LINK):
Low fat sweet potato chocolate pudding
It’s possible to make a high carb, low fat sweet chocolate pudding using sweet potatoes. They’re so sweet and have a great texture to make sweet recipes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (450 g)
- 1 cup plant milk of your choice (250 ml)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (40 g)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 8 Deglet Nour or 4 Medjool dates
- Wash, peel and chop the sweet potatoes. Steam them for about 25 minutes or until they’re soft.
- When they’re cold, place them in a blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- You can serve the pudding immediately, but we prefer to store it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- We added some chopped pistachios and cacao nibs on top.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!