Nutella is so delicious, but is not healthy at all, it’s full of white sugar, refined oil, additives and preservatives, so I made a healthier alternative that you can find in our 10 Easy Vegan Recipes e-Cookbook.
Today I wanna share with you this healthy homemade nutella which is even healthier because is oil-free and is made with maple syrup, roasted hazelnuts and raw cacao, so is a super nutritious spread. It’s the better nutella I’ve ever tried!
- I buy raw hazelnuts and I roast them, but you can use roasted hazelnuts if you want.
- Raw cacao is more nutritious because is unprocessed, but unweetened cocoa powder also works (although you’ll need to add more because raw cacao has a more intense flavor).
- Use your favorite plant milk or water (I used oat milk, you can find the recipe in our free eCookbook).
- Feel free to use any other sweetener instead of the maple syrup, although maybe you’ll need to add more liquid.
Product I used to make this recipe (affiliate links):
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts (270 g)
- ¼ cup raw cacao (20 g)
- 1 cup plant milk (250 ml)
- ½ cup maple syrup (160 g)
- Preheat the oven to 355ºF or 180ºC.
- Place the hazelnuts into a baking sheet and roast them for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When the hazelnuts are cool, blend them in a food processor until get a crumbly texture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until the nutella is ready.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or any other social network).