As my friend George R. R. Martin would say, Winter is coming and it’s really cold outside! We don’t have super cold winters in the south of Spain, but although I was born in the north, I prefer the warm weather. I think I could live in any country in the whole world, but if I have to choose, I would live in place where summer lasts all year long.
Hot beverages are great for this season, I have at least one every day. I’ve been trying new drinks lately, like this ginger tea latte. I shared with you my turmeric latte, which is so delicious and as I love lattes, I need to try this one.
Both lattes are amazing, but I think I prefer this recipe because ginger is perfect for Christmas and also because I love how this drink tastes. Besides, tea is a healthy alternative to coffee. Hope you enjoy it!
- Feel free to use any plant milk or sweetener.
- I used a Chai tea bag, but any other tea is okay (black tea is another great choice). You can also remove this ingredient if you want.
Ginger Tea Latte
This ginger tea latte is perfect for Christmas and winter. It’s also a healthy alternative to coffee and tastes so good!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 1
- 1 cup almond milk (250 ml)
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tea bag, I used Chai tea
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan (except the tea bag) and stir. I used a milk frother to get a better texture, but it’s optional. You can also blend the mixture in a blender if you want.
- Cook over high heat until it’s hot, but don’t bring it to a boil.
- Remove from the heat, pour the mixture into a mug, add the tea bag and let it infuse according to package directions.
- Remove the tea bag and your ginger tea latte is ready to drink.
- Serving Size: 1 cup (250 ml)
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 9.5 g
- Sodium: 171.4 mg
- Fat: 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.7 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 1.6 g