As my friend George R. R. Martin would say, Winter is coming and it’s really cold outside! We don’t have super cold winters in the south of Spain, but although I was born in the north, I prefer the warm weather. I think I could live in any country in the whole world, but if I have to choose, I would live in place where summer lasts all year long.
Hot beverages are great for this season, I have at least one every day. I’ve been trying new drinks lately, like this ginger tea latte. I shared with you my turmeric latte, which is so delicious and as I love lattes, I need to try this one.
Both lattes are amazing, but I think I prefer this recipe because ginger is perfect for Christmas and also because I love how this drink tastes. Besides, tea is a healthy alternative to coffee. Hope you enjoy it!
- Feel free to use any plant milk or sweetener.
- I used a Chai tea bag, but any other tea is okay (black tea is another great choice). You can also remove this ingredient if you want.
- 1 cup almond milk (250 ml)
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tea bag, I used Chai tea
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan (except the tea bag) and stir. I used a milk frother to get a better texture, but it's optional. You can also blend the mixture in a blender if you want.
- Cook over high heat until it's hot, but don't bring it to a boil.
- Remove from the heat, pour the mixture into a mug, add the tea bag and let it infuse according to package directions.
- Remove the tea bag and your ginger tea latte is ready to drink.