Winter is coming and we are making a lot of soups and stews lately. This recipe is so light and simple and although cauliflower is not one of our favorite veggies, we really enjoy this amazing soup. If you don’t like cauliflower, add some powerful spice like curry and you won’t notice the flavor.
I like to have my soups with some healthy carb like brown rice, millet, quinoa or sweet potatoes and also with some greens. I’ve been obsessed with kale, especially with a new super easy kale side recipe I really love. You just need to steam your kale and add some healthy fat like tahini or oil, garlic powder and tamari or soy sauce. It’s the bomb!
- Use any non refined oil you want.
- Add more or less liquid to make your soup more or less creamy.
- Feel free to add or substitute any veggie or ingredient.
- The nutritional yeast is optional, but it gives the soup a cheesy flavor. If you can’t find it, use some brewer’s yeast instead or even some beer.
Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Soup
This creamy vegan cauliflower soup is so light and simple and although cauliflower is not one of our favorite veggies, we really enjoy this amazing recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add the garlic and onion.
- Cook over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Add the cauliflower, broth and milk and bring it to a boil. Then cook over medium-high heat for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Add the salt, black pepper and nutritional yeast and blend using an immersion or a regular blender.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. We added some peas, toasted almond slices, chopped chives and more ground black pepper.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 6.7 g
- Sodium: 334.1 mg
- Fat: 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1 g
- Fiber: 7.4 g
- Protein: 13 g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!