I’ve been making hundreds of popsicles this summer, they’re super refreshing! Unlike ice cream makers, ice pop molds are really affordable and homemade popsicles are much healthier than store-bought, which are full of refined sugar and other nasty ingredients.
I’ve always made another kind of popsicle recipes like these 2-ingredient mango coconut popsicles where you only have to blend the ingredients and pour the mixture into the popsicle molds. I’m so happy because chocolate covered pops are also super easy to make and they’re so creamy and delicious!
I shared a photo of these popsicles on Instagram a few days ago and here is the recipe as I promised! I’m doing shoutouts because I’ve reached 5,000 followers on Instagram (yay!!!). To enter just share one of my photos on Instagram, tag me @simpleveganblog and add the hashtag #simpleveganblog. I’ll share my favorite accounts!
- You can use another plant milk, sweetener or nut butter.
- The almond butter is so creamy and delicious, but it’s not necessary.
- I used coconut oil and dark chocolate to cover the popsicles, but any other non refined oil can work, although I recommend you to avoid oils with a strong flavor like extra virgin olive oil. Oil is optional, you can cover the pops using only dark chocolate.
- For the mold to easily loosen, rinse with lukewarm water.
PRODUCTS I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (AFFILIATE LINKS):
Chocolate Covered Almond Popsicles
I’ve been making hundreds of popsicles this summer, they’re super refreshing! These chocolate covered almond popsicles are so creamy and delicious!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 7
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate (100 g)
- Blend the bananas, almond milk, maple syrup and almond butter in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds.
- Freeze for 35 minutes and gently insert popsicle sticks.
- Freeze for about 3 hours or until solid.
- Combine coconut oil and dark chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Let cool slightly before using.
- Remove the popsicles from their molds.
- Pour the chocolate coating into a dish plate.
- Dip the popsicles into the chocolate coating and add chopped almonds immediately.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or any other social network).