This is the delicious recipe I promised you on the previous post, where I showed you how to make cauliflower rice. I couldn’t live without regular rice though, but I love this risotto and you should give it a try, especially if you want to eat more veggies.
The flavor and the texture are quite similar to rice, although obviously is not exactly the same. If you’re not a big fan of cauliflower, you also should try this recipe because it doesn’t have an intense cauliflower taste.
Sometimes I eat this risotto with some bread (rye bread is usually my choice), but you can also add some sautéed tofu or tempeh or even some cooked rice to make it more satiating.
- Use your favorite veggies, spices or herbs.
- Add 1/4 cup of wine and 1/4 of plant milk, instead of 1/2 cup of milk, if you want.
- If you can’t find nutritional yeast, you can use some brewer’s yeast instead, a vegan cheese of your choice, or just remove this ingredient.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or a saucepan and cook the onion and the celery over medium-high heat until they start to golden brown. Use water instead of oil if you want.
- Add the kale and the peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the uncooked cauliflower rice (you can learn how to make it here) and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, pepper and milk, stir and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the nutritional yeast, stir and the risotto is ready to go.
- Store it in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days or just freeze it.