I’m so glad I’ve discovered this 5-minute lentil dip, it’s a super quick recipe, but tastes so good! I usually have a smoothie or oatmeal for breakfast, but I wanted to include something different, that’s why I’ve created this recipe.
Here in the south of Spain the traditional breakfast consists of bread with something savory (extra virgin olive oil, tomato slices or some animal product), orange juice and coffee.
I’ve been missing a traditional Spanish breakfast lately, so I decided to find a healthier alternative. I’m having a beverage like homemade juice or some plant milk and some bread (a healthy one). I really love the extra virgin olive oil and tomato slices combo, but vegan spreads or dips are great as well.
Hummus is one of my favorite foods in the whole word, so although I (almost) always have some in my fridge, I wanted to try new alternatives, like this one, which has a more intense flavor and is really smooth. You can eat it as a dip with some crudités, bread or tortilla chips, use it to make delicious sandwiches or toasts or as just as a side dish, it’s up to you!
- Feel free to use any kind of lentils or even other canned or dry legumes.
- We used a jar of sun-dried tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil, but you can also soak the sun-dried tomatoes in some warm water until they’re soft to make a lighter version.
- You can use also any nut butter, nuts, seeds or oil instead of the tahini.
- If you don’t eat soy, add some sea salt to taste instead of the tamari or soy sauce.
- Add or remove any spice or ingredient you want.
5-Minute Lentil Dip
This 5-minute lentil dip is so tasty and really smooth. Eat it with some crudités, bread or tortilla chips or use it to make delicious sandwiches or toasts.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 8-10
- 15 oz canned or cooked lentils, rinsed and drained (400 g)
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes (3 oz or 95 g)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- The juice of one lemon
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or a blender and blend until smooth.
- Keep the lentil dip in the fridge in a sealed container for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 143.1 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.8 g
- Fiber: 6.1 g
- Protein: 13.3 g