I didn’t like fruit when I was a child, but there were some exceptions like strawberries. I used to love them then and I love them now! One of my favorite childhood desserts was strawberry petit suisse, a creamy cheese with a texture closer to a very thick yogurt than a typical cheese that was high in fat. It was quite popular in Spain when I was a kid and this pudding tastes pretty similar to me. Fortunately, it’s much healthier and lower in fat.
This is another great breakfast for busy people, but you can also eat it as a snack or dessert. I didn’t like chia pudding before until I learnt to make it properly. I don’t know what I did wrong, it’s so easy to make a chia pudding! I fell in love with my 4-ingredient chocolate chia pudding, but this recipe is even better.
Spanish strawberries taste amazing! We always try to eat local food, but many of the fruits and veggies we’ve found here in Germany are from Spain and sometimes they taste even better than they did in our country, especially oranges and berries, we’re making delicious smoothies since we live here.
I almost forgot! We’re going to share our content on Twitter too. We had an account for our Spanish blog and for Simple Vegan Blog, but not any more, so you’ll only find content in English now. Don’t forget to follow us guys! ❤️
- If you don’t want to use your blender, just chop the strawberries and mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- I used 1/2 cup of milk (125 ml) and 1/2 cup of soy yogurt (130g), but you can use 1 cup of milk (250 ml) as well, although the chia pudding will be less creamy.
- Feel free to use any fruit, plant based yogurt or sweetener. If you use other sweeteners, just add them gently until the pudding is sweet enough for you.
5-Ingredient Strawberry Chia Pudding
Simple and creamy 5-ingredient strawberry chia pudding! It’s the perfect breakfast, snack or dessert.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2
- Place the strawberries and the milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine the mixture with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, stir well and let stand for 15 minutes. Then stir again and store the mixture in a sealed container in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. We added some banana slices, sliced strawberries and chia and sunflower seeds.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!