Hi guys! How are you? We’ve had a horrible week. Alberto suffered a terrible allergic reaction and we also had to move to another apartment for the third time because we couldn’t find a place to stay in Cologne for the three months we’re going to be here. Fortunately Alberto is much better and we’re enjoying our last days in Germany. We’ll miss Cologne so much, but are so excited because we’ll spend the summer in Spain enjoying the sun, and the good weather, woohoo!
Cookies are delicious and so convenient to eat on the go as a healthy snack or dessert, but they could be also a great breakfast option. You can make a big batch of cookies and enjoy them for a few days with your favorite plant milk, juice or smoothie.
We have some cookie recipes on the blog and oatmeal cookies are our favorite ones because they require just a few ingredients, are super healthy and everybody can make them because the recipes are sooo simple.
These cookies are super chewy and not as crunchy as others, but they’re the healthiest cookies you can make and taste amazing. ? Feel free to add other ingredients like nut butters, nuts, seeds, cocoa powder, jam or whatever you want!
You can see the cookies before and after baking in the picture below. Hope you find it helpful!
- To make this recipe we used applesauce and one banana, but you can use only bananas or applesauce if you want, although I can’t tell you how many bananas or how much applesauce you’re going to need, just add them gently until you’ve got a perfect cookie dough (not too wet, not too dry).
- Feel free to use any sweetener instead the agave syrup.
- If you don’t like raisins, just remove this ingredient or add any other dried fruit or even chocolate chips (maybe you’d want to take a look at our chocolate chip oatmeal cookies recipe).
5-ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
These 5-ingredient oatmeal cookies are super chewy and not as crunchy as others, but they’re the healthiest cookies you can make and taste amazing.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 20
- 1 banana
- ½ cup applesauce (160 g)
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 cups rolled oats (240 g)
- ½ cup raisins (80 g)
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF or 200ºC.
- Mash the banana in a bowl, then add the applesauce and agave syrup and stir.
- Add the rolled oats and raisins and stir until well combined.
- Scoop the dough (about 1.5 tablespoons each) onto a baking sheet with baking parchment. Press down on the dough mounds with your hands or a tablespoon to slightly flatten.
- Bake the cookies until golden brown (for about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Remove and let set for about 5 minutes on the pan. Then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack until they’re cool.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!