As I told you, I’m on an anti-Candida diet and my naturopath want me to eat 3 healthy foods every single day: sauerkraut, coconut oil and carob powder. I usually have my sauerkraut for dinner and I make an oatmeal or a smoothie using the other two ingredients. The smoothie is like this recipe, but it’s made with coconut oil instead of the almond butter.
Almond butter is one of my favorite ingredients in the whole word, it’s so nutritious and tastes amazing. I know it’s not an inexpensive ingredient, at least here in Spain, but it’s a healthy fat and has so much flavor, you just need to add a tiny amount of butter, so it’s totally worth it!
- You can use cocoa powder or raw cacao instead of the carob powder if you want.
- Feel free to use any leafy green, plant milk or add or remove any ingredient.
- Almond butter is optional. I usually add coconut oil, but there are so many nut butters you can use.
- I prefer cold smoothies, especially in summer, so I add cold milk or some ice cubes.
Do you like this smoothie? Then take a look at our eBook: Simple Vegan Smoothies, 31 delicious and easy recipes for a healthier you. In Simple Vegan Smoothies you’ll find 31 totally new recipes and you’ll learn how to make your own smoothies!
5-Ingredient Carob Green Smoothie
I make this 5-ingredient carob green smoothie all the time! It’s so convenient to eat on the go, you just need to store it in a glass jar.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2
- 2 cups almond milk (500 ml)
- 2 bananas
- 2 handfuls raw spinach
- 2 tbsp almond butter (optional)
- 4 tbsp carob powder
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!