I love these vegan tacos for three reasons: they are delicious, easy to make and are ready in less than 15 minutes! If you’re busy or tired, avoid convenience food and make your own meals, there are thousands of super quick and easy recipes you can try.
If you follow me on Instagram you know I’m in love with The Starch Solution book (by John A. McDougall and Mary McDougall), it has changed my life! I wanna write a post talking about this way of life, but basically it’s a high carb low fat vegan diet that can help you to lose weight, heal your body and feel better. You should read this awesome book!
We cook the recipes for the blog at least one month before we publish them, that’s why you’re gonna find some recipes with oil and other foods that are not allowed in the McDougall diet during this week, but we are gonna share lots of delicious and super healthy recipes soon, I promise!
To make these tacos you’re gonna need: cooked or canned beans, tomato sauce or chopped tomatoes or tomato puree (I used a store bought oil-free tomato sauce), hot sauce or Tabasco, cumin powder, one avocado, cherry tomatoes, corn kernels and taco shells. You can add other veggies or use oil-free corn tortillas instead or the taco shells.
Everybody can make this recipe because is extremely simple and also tastes really amazing. If you make these 15-minute simple vegan tacos, please leave a comment or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram or on your favorite social network.
- 2 cups canned or cooked beans (400 g)
- 1 cup tomato sauce, tomato puree or chopped tomatoes (250 g)
- 2 tsp Tabasco or hot sauce
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 chopped avocado
- 8 chopped cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup corn kernels (35 g)
- 8 taco shells
- Cook the beans, tomato sauce, Tabasco and cumin in a skillet over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- To assemble the tacos, place the bean filling in the taco shells and top with the toppings (chopped avocado, chopped cherry tomatoes and corn kernels). Serve immediately.